Sunday 9 August 2009

Day 35 - More moving out

This weekend we finished off the moving out (well, nearly)

We took things down from the walls (shelves, blinds, mantlepiece etc), collapsed beds & temporary wardrobes and packed up stereo and lights in the bedroom.

We also removed all the empty boxes from the stinking hot loft. Unlike my previous house in Slough where the loft was full of 'stuff', mostly broken stuff purchased from car boot sales, the loft here is very tidy and organised but does contain a large number of empty gadget boxes. I think it's fair to say both Ern and I have an empty box problem. In theory we keep them so we can move or dispose of items in their original boxes...

Also in the loft was one reminder from the car boot days - a very old Russian linguafone on vinyl, and not even 33rpm by the looks of it!

And all my old vinyl which probably just needs donating to my folks for Cancer Research or binning - does anyone buy old vinyl? Mine's not even cool stuff, just cheesy 80s electronica.

On Monday I'm hoping to book the removal company for this week before we head off on hols.

No comments:

Post a Comment